* Fonts: Strange results with Emacs-CVS
@ 2008-02-22 22:46 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2008-02-22 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

With the changes to Emacs-CVS of the last 24 hours, the result is that
in Emacs *all* is too small!

On GNU/Linux Kubuntu 7.10 (GTK build), I usually use

emacs23 --font "DejaVu Sans Mono-10" &

but now I have to use at least "DejaVu Sans Mono-14", otherwise all is
too small (too small!)

Note that DejaVu Sans Mono-10 is the default value used in Konsole (for
which it is even to big!)

On Cygwin (Lucida+xft), I have in .Xdefaults:

Emacs.FontBackend:      xft
Emacs.font:             Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-14
URxvt*font:             xft:Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=14:medium
                         roman:antialias=true

But now I have to use at least "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono-16"
while for urxvt is still valid size=14!

Why are there these difference between Emacs and the other applications?

Are we sure that the changes in the last 24 hours are correct?

Cheers,
    Angelo.