() Eli Zaretskii () Sat, 21 Feb 2015 14:27:04 +0200 I'm not really sure I understand what these relationships are, or why are they important. Me too (re relationships), which is why it behooves those involved to state them explicitly (if possible). Re importance of knowing these relationships: uncertainty leads to doubt, and doubt leads to hesitation, incorrect assumptions, stumbling execution and (in the worst cases) circular recriminations. Knowing things beforehand helps conserve energy and good will. > IMHO, this kind of inter-project policy-ish documentation > should live on Emacswiki. Then this is a separate issue, unrelated to newcomers to Emacs development. I think it is related in that a newcomer's contributions may belong better in one repo or another, or even apart from Emacs (e.g., posted to gnu-emacs-sources only), due to relationships and expectations. -- Thien-Thi Nguyen GPG key: 4C807502 (if you're human and you know it) read my lisp: (responsep (questions 'technical) (not (via 'mailing-list))) => nil