John Wiegley writes: > 3. There should be a defined subset of packages that get copied from ELPA > into the Emacs tarball during release, and an easy way to manage this list > for the core developers. That way, certain packages like seq.el and > stream.el can feel like "core" packages to users, when they are really > "external" packages from the point of view of the core developers. I only added seq.el to ELPA for backward compatibility with Emacs 24.5. The development of seq.el (and map.el for that matter) happen only in Emacs trunk. Moving it out of lisp/emacs-lisp/, and only having it copied in the release tarballs would be a step backward IMHO, it would make it hard to use it in core packages, and would basically mean demoting the libraries to external ones while I'm really working on seq.el to provide a good, consistent and comprehensive *built-in* sequence library to Emacs-Lisp. That's also why all the functions are documented in the Sequences chapter of the Elisp documentation. Nico