Robin Tarsiger writes: > There's a separate question of whether autolaunch (-a "") should be > enabled (...). On balance, I'd tend to think of it as less surprising > from a desktop perspective for it to be enabled. Yes, your proposal makes a lot of sense. As a desktop user (Gnome under Debian or Ubuntu) I found the three icons Emacs, Emacs (Client), Emacs (Terminal) annoying and I often found myself starting the wrong executable or I have to slow my workflow to pay attention to the launcher I am about to start (since all three have the same icon -note that having different icons would help but doesn't go in the right direction from my pov).