Stefan Monnier writes: > Akib Azmain Turja [2022-06-04 19:14:20] wrote: >> Packages on ELPA or NonGNU ELPA with README.org show pretty description >> both with describe-package and web browser. But after installing a >> package, describe-package shows the Org source code, which contains >> many useless things (I mean useless for showing in the *Help* buffer). >> >> Isn't it possible to convert README.org to plain text README while >> compiling the package, possibly optionally? > > Actually, if the package is not yet installed, you should get this > "README.org converted to plain text" (which we get by fetching it from > `elpa.(non)gnu.org`, because it's distributed separately from the > package itself). > > This is related to the problem that package tarballs do not come with > a description of where we can find their README (even tho the site that > packages it does know (and uses it in the webpage it generates)) :-( > > > Stefan > Yeah, you correctly understood my problem. But I think the convertion (or export) should be done while installation, not while packaging the package (which would probably be SaaSS), for the sake of freedom. -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5