* Curious about splash screen - where  copyright is from?
@ 2004-09-25 17:51 Cheng Gao
From: Cheng Gao @ 2004-09-25 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=cn-gb, Size: 632 bytes --]

Using CVS Emacs, I found one thing is annoying. Splash screen
(Help->About Emacs) shows

So to please my eyes, I decided to get it updated.

My investigation shows it should from lisp/startup.el, so I changed all
occurences of 2002 to 2004.

If I bytecompile and load startup.el, the splash screen shows as I
expected.

But if I close Emacs, then start it, and splash screen still shows
'2002'. So it should be from another file. Just did simple grep and I
can not find where.

Anybody can get me wiser?

TIA,

CG

* Re: Curious about splash screen - where  copyright is from?
@ 2004-09-26 15:50 ` Alex Schroeder
From: Alex Schroeder @ 2004-09-26 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Cheng Gao <chenggao@gmail.com> writes:

> But if I close Emacs, then start it, and splash screen still shows
> '2002'. So it should be from another file. Just did simple grep and I
> can not find where.

When you build Emacs from source, some of the Lisp files are loaded
and the entire thing is "dumped" -- therefore the executable has some
Lisp files built-in.  You can override them by loading libraries, or
by evaluating code, but you need to add this to your init file.
Alternatively, build Emacs again.  Does that help?

Alex.
--
.O.  http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
..O  Schroeder's fifth law:

* Re: Curious about splash screen - where  copyright is from?
@ 2004-09-26 15:57   ` Cheng Gao
From: Cheng Gao @ 2004-09-26 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)