Kenichi Handa writes: > It still doesn't work for chinese-py. For instance, typing > "bei2" should input "北", but quail-conv doesn't handle the > last "2" correctly. Ah, thanks. I think I've fixed this bug, but I'm not sure my fix is correct. I have assumed that each compound character sequence may be followed by at most a single digit, and that this digit is used to access the relevant vector like so: "1" gets the 0th element, "2" gets the 1st ..., "9" gets the 8th, and "0" gets the 9th. Does that sound right? PY.el says: "(each group contains at most 10 characters)", which I take to mean that the index number following each group is never more than a single digit. Are there other input methods where this is not true? Revised code attached. -- Peter Heslin (http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin)