* should non-breaking space chars act as whitespace for Lisp?
@ 2007-06-16 19:45 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2007-06-16 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-Devel

From: Joost Kremers To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How to get hours from hh:mm

> >   (let ((timelist (split-string time ":")))
> > When I dan give M-x getMinutes and on the prompt give: 00:18, I get:
> > Symbol's function definition is void: let
>
> most likely because there's a hard space after let.

This makes me wonder if hard-space chars shouldn't act as whitespace as far
as Lisp is concerned, as opposed to having symbol syntax (or whatever - I
didn't check this). I don't have an opinion on the matter, but I think this
is not the first question of this sort I've seen on help-gnu-emacs: users
are surprised when what they see as whitespace does act as they expect
whitespace to ace.