* How to change overlay arrow position silently?
@ 2009-08-02 13:01 Dmitry Dzhus
From: Dmitry Dzhus @ 2009-08-02 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

How are you gentlemen.

In the package I'm working on, gdb-mi, overlay arrows are used in
several GDB buffers to mark current stack frame and current thread, just
like GUD uses overlay arrow to mark current line of program source.

Looks like changing overlay-arrow-position produces «Mark set» message,
which is undesirable for me because user may miss some notifications
provided by my code (like «Switched to thread #5»).

(mapc
 (lambda (n)
   (goto-line n)
   (set-marker overlay-arrow-position
               (point-marker)))
 '(1 2 3 4 5))
=>
Mark set [5 times]

Is there any way to inhibit «Mark set» message while changing overlay
arrow position? I see that push-mark has nomsg argument for this, but it
works only for The Mark, not any marker.
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 6+ messages in thread