* D-Bus calls
@ 2013-02-24 18:39 Ian D
From: Ian D @ 2013-02-24 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Emacs Developers,

      I have been having issues with dbus-call-method.  Specifically,
      when I call it, it seems to take a little longer than before.
      When I use ENWC with Wicd, displaying scan results takes several
      seconds, where as before, it didn't take any time at all.  To
      display the scan results, ENWC makes several calls per access
      point that it finds to dbus-call-method with "GetWirelessProperty"
      from Wicd.  The problem started when I started using the trunk
      build from the bazaar repo.  Can anyone help with this?

Ian D

* Re: D-Bus calls
@ 2013-02-24 20:43 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2013-02-24 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian D; +Cc: emacs-devel

Ian D <dunni@gnu.org> writes:

> Emacs Developers,
>
>       I have been having issues with dbus-call-method.  Specifically,
>       when I call it, it seems to take a little longer than before.
>       When I use ENWC with Wicd, displaying scan results takes several
>       seconds, where as before, it didn't take any time at all.  To
>       display the scan results, ENWC makes several calls per access
>       point that it finds to dbus-call-method with "GetWirelessProperty"
>       from Wicd.  The problem started when I started using the trunk
>       build from the bazaar repo.  Can anyone help with this?

Which version have you used before? The D-Bus implementation is almost
identical in the trunk and the emacs-24 branches.

> Ian D

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: D-Bus calls
@ 2013-02-24 22:43   ` Ian D
From: Ian D @ 2013-02-24 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Which version have you used before? The D-Bus implementation is almost
> identical in the trunk and the emacs-24 branches.
>
> Best regards, Michael.

    Before I was using Emacs 24.2.1, which was the standard on my distro
    (Parabola).  I recently started using the development branches.

Ian D

* Re: D-Bus calls
@ 2013-02-25  8:42     ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2013-02-25  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian D; +Cc: emacs-devel

Ian D <dunni@gnu.org> writes:

> Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> writes:
>

>> Which version have you used before? The D-Bus implementation is almost
>> identical in the trunk and the emacs-24 branches.
>>
>> Best regards, Michael.
>
>     Before I was using Emacs 24.2.1, which was the standard on my distro
>     (Parabola).  I recently started using the development branches.

Well, in this case there are significant changes in the D-Bus
implementation. Most important, `dbus-call-method' runs internally now
asynchronously.

Do you have some data from the profiler elp, which shows the difference
for you? Could you give me some simple test cases I could play with?

> Ian D

Best regards, Michael.