"Basil L. Contovounesios" writes: > Dmitry Gutov writes: > >> On 15.05.2019 20:46, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote: >>> Sorry if this has been discussed before, and maybe it's just me, but I >>> don't think it makes sense to offer internal double hyphen functions as >>> alternatives for a user option, let alone to point the user to such an >>> internal function which lacks a docstring, "for the argument list". >> >> No, we never discussed this in particular. So I pushed the cleanest version that >> made sense to me. > > I'm grateful for the addition, but I think user options ought to also > make sense to the user. > >> Do we not do that (put internal functions as possible values of a user option)? > > Sorry, the emphasis in my last message was meant to be on the lack of > any description of the user option's arglist. If the defcustom is to > refer the user elsewhere, that place might at least have a docstring. I think even something as simple as the following would help: