Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: James Thomas >> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 21:51:06 +0530 >> > That's okay, but we don't like deleting existing capabilities without > some period during which it's deprecated. So maybe say in NEWS that > ITRANS is deprecated, and add a comment in quail/indian.el that it > should be removed in some future release. > >> Sorry I missed the reference in lisp/language/indian.el. It seems to be >> just defining the default input method for the language. Can be changed >> easily if decided. > > If you think this new method is much better, it's okay to make it the > default, I think. Just mention that in NEWS. > Here's a modified patch without ITRANS removal. I have refrained from making the new Mozhi method the default. -- Jim