Eli Zaretskii writes: > You mean, add space inside of a word? That could at first be avoided, > because doing that isn't trivial. Not trivial in what way? > I'm not sure min-width is the right implementation for that, because > we don't really want to put a separate property on each character. > This should probably be implemented by tweaking the advance width the > glyphs or something. That'd probably be more efficient, but some cursory testing seems to indicate that putting a min-width on every char in a pretty big buffer works fine. Stefan Monnier writes: > And whole-pixels are probably too coarse a granularity for that in most > cases (especially with non-HiDPI screens). It depends on the resolution. Here's the same sentence without and with a min-width on each char that's one pixel wider than the natural width: