Another interesting idea to pursue might be to have modular UIs. Instead of splitting up the current Emacs frame, I think a minimalist, more edebug-like interface would be nice, where variable values could be displayed using overlays instead of having a separate buffer. >> Here are a few comments and suggestions I found from a brief skim over >> the code: > I made some updates based on your suggestions and added a todo for > Compat. Note that you don't need to add Compat just for `defvar-keymap', as you could also just use the traditional method of defining a keymap instead: --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8--- (defvar dape-global-map (let ((map (make-sparse-keymap))) (define-key map "d" #'dape) ;; ... map)) --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8--- > Couldn't bring myself to fix all of the checkdoc stuff, but made > some improvments. It is not urgent or in any way blocking inclusion to GNU ELPA, it is just something I think one should keep in mind in the long-term to make maintaining and contributing to the package easier. >> Also, sorry for bringing this up, but how married are you to the name? > I'm not overly attached to it. What are your objections? And do you have > any suggestions? I find it quite difficult to name things like this. It just doesn't say that much, and I don't know if it is intended, but the usual way I would read/pronounce it (rhyming with cape) wouldn't immediately signal any relation to DAP. Note that you can use (elisp) Shorthands to avoid writing out a longer name inside the file, in case a longer name like debuger-adapter. It seems there is no package by the name of "dbg"? If we are not interested in a self-descriptive and memorable name, and would want to create a parallel to Eglot (IIRC Emacs polyGLOT), perhaps something like based on "Emacs Debugger" (Egger? Ebugger? Edebugger?) might be possible as well.