* pgtk and clipboard on ChromeOS/Crostini
@ 2024-10-10  1:01 Alok G Singh
From: Alok G Singh @ 2024-10-10  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On a recent build[1] from master, the symptoms are:
1. When copying with kill-ring-save (M-w), the selection appears in the
   system clipboard <20% of the time.
2. kill-line (C-k) reliably copies text into the clipboard.

There are some reports from last year about similar behaviour on
WSL. wl-paste --list-types and gui-get-selection are both empty about
80% of the time after a copy. Other Wayland-only programs (like kitty
terminal) do not have this problem.

I am not sure how to debug/trace this. I know there is debug-on-entry
and debug-on-variable-change but I don't know which function/variable to
use. Any help appreciated as this is a very frustrating bug. TIA!

Footnotes:
[1]  with native-comp, treesit and pgtk

--
Alok

* Re: pgtk and clipboard on ChromeOS/Crostini
@ 2024-10-12 12:34 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-10-12 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alok G Singh, Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Alok G Singh <a@alephnull.site>
> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2024 09:01:24 +0800
>
> On a recent build[1] from master, the symptoms are:
> 1. When copying with kill-ring-save (M-w), the selection appears in the
>    system clipboard <20% of the time.
> 2. kill-line (C-k) reliably copies text into the clipboard.
>
> There are some reports from last year about similar behaviour on
> WSL. wl-paste --list-types and gui-get-selection are both empty about
> 80% of the time after a copy. Other Wayland-only programs (like kitty
> terminal) do not have this problem.
>
> I am not sure how to debug/trace this. I know there is debug-on-entry
> and debug-on-variable-change but I don't know which function/variable to
> use. Any help appreciated as this is a very frustrating bug. TIA!

Po Lu, is this a known issue with the PGTK build?  If not, any
suggestions for debugging?

* Re: pgtk and clipboard on ChromeOS/Crostini
@ 2024-10-13 21:37   ` Alok G Singh
From: Alok G Singh @ 2024-10-13 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Apologies for the noise. After a reboot to the latest stable version
126.0.6478.254 the problem has resolved itself.

--

@ 2024-10-14 13:51     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-10-14 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alok G Singh; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Alok G Singh <alephnull@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2024 05:37:42 +0800
>
> Apologies for the noise. After a reboot to the latest stable version
> 126.0.6478.254 the problem has resolved itself.

OK, thanks.