* yank-excluded-properties not functioning when font-lock-face set
@ 2007-02-09 21:36 JD Smith
From: JD Smith @ 2007-02-09 21:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I posted a COMINT problem earlier which David revealed to be a
deficiency in yank-excluded-properties.

Here's how to reproduce.

In *scratch*, type

test

Select the word and then

M-:
(add-text-properties (point) (mark) '(read-only t font-lock-face bold)) [Ret]

Verify the text is read only.

Mark and yank the string, M-w, C-y.

Notice that the new text is read-only, despite
yank-excluded-properties containing:

(read-only invisible intangible field mouse-face help-echo
	local-map keymap yank-handler follow-link fontified)

After experimenting, it appears that *any* text with a font-lock-face
property attached to it will ignore yank-excluded-properties upon
yanking.

JD

* Re: yank-excluded-properties not functioning when font-lock-face set
@ 2007-02-09 23:11 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2007-02-09 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: JD Smith; +Cc: emacs-devel

JD Smith <jdsmith@as.arizona.edu> writes:

> I posted a COMINT problem earlier which David revealed to be a
> deficiency in yank-excluded-properties.
>
> Select the word and then
> M-: (add-text-properties (point) (mark)
> '(read-only t font-lock-face bold)) [Ret]

I think I know the problem.  The text property changes that
yank-excluded-properties was attempting to perform were being blocked
by the read-only property of the inserted text.  I've checked in a fix
into CVS.

* Re: yank-excluded-properties not functioning when font-lock-face set
@ 2007-02-11 18:44   ` JD Smith
From: JD Smith @ 2007-02-11 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:11:26 -0500, Chong Yidong wrote:

> I think I know the problem.  The text property changes that
> yank-excluded-properties was attempting to perform were being blocked
> by the read-only property of the inserted text.  I've checked in a fix
> into CVS.

Thanks, this did the trick!

JD