* ido mode and `save attachment' in Gnus
@ 2007-07-16 20:12 Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-07-16 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Dear all,

I found something annoying.

ido is enabled by:

 (require 'ido)
 (ido-mode t)
 (ido-everywhere t)

For example, if I want to save an attachment in Gnus, I usually move my
cursor to the attachment and type 'o', then if I am not happy with the
default directory where the attachment is going to be saved, there is no
easy way of changing the directory while keeping the file name of the
attachment i.e. if I type 'Backspace' I lose the file name of the
attachment.

Can this be improved?

* Re: ido mode and `save attachment' in Gnus
@ 2007-07-17 11:31 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2007-07-17 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-devel

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I found something annoying.
>
> ido is enabled by:
>
>  (require 'ido)
>  (ido-mode t)
>  (ido-everywhere t)
>
> For example, if I want to save an attachment in Gnus, I usually move my
> cursor to the attachment and type 'o', then if I am not happy with the
> default directory where the attachment is going to be saved, there is no
> easy way of changing the directory while keeping the file name of the
> attachment i.e. if I type 'Backspace' I lose the file name of the
> attachment.
>
> Can this be improved?

You are supposed to be able to edit the path by pressing

     M-b C-k select... M-f RET

* Re: ido mode and `save attachment' in Gnus
@ 2007-07-18 20:43   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-07-18 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kim F. Storm; +Cc: emacs-devel

Sorry for the delay.

On 2007-07-17 12:31 +0100, Kim F. Storm wrote:
>> For example, if I want to save an attachment in Gnus, I usually move my
>> cursor to the attachment and type 'o', then if I am not happy with the
>> default directory where the attachment is going to be saved, there is no
>> easy way of changing the directory while keeping the file name of the
>> attachment i.e. if I type 'Backspace' I lose the file name of the
>> attachment.
>>
>> Can this be improved?
>
> You are supposed to be able to edit the path by pressing
>
>      M-b C-k select... M-f RET

This works but it is difficult to remember.