Stefan Monnier writes: >> I don't see why this would be difficult. > >> `M-x eww RET >> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/index.html RET' > >> and you're off. The `n'/`p'/`u' commands work as in Info already, so >> the only thing that's missing is the index (which is trivial to add). > > AFAIK, the main reason why Info-mode is not sexy is its plain > visual appearance. The above page in `eww' looks like Emacs-20's > Info-mode. > > E.g. we need titles to be bigger and the main text to use > proportional font. Otherwise, I don't see the advantage. That's not an advantage. It is breaking even.