Eli Zaretskii writes: Hi Eli, I'm putting Daiki Ueno in Cc. > Once again, the NEWS entry doesn't mention pinentry-emacs at all. That's why I mentioned it here. My thought was that pinentry.el might have been removed while it is still a useful package. > So I wonder what is it that I'm missing here. I think that pinentry.el is still useful today for pinentry-emacs, when configuring gpg-agent to use it. > AFAIU, the NEWS entry just says that pinentry.el and the related > features are not needed with GnuPG >= 2.1 Maybe pinentry-emacs can work without pinentry.el, and I'm not aware of that? Cheers, Nico