Hi, an issue I have been having when documenting code is that checkdoc wants me to disambiguate symbols referring to major or minor modes. That usually means adding "function", "command" "variable", "option" or "symbol" but in my experience these usually do not fit. In fact, most of the time it is obvious what is meant when referring to a major/minor mode. ... Foo when `bar-mode' is active ... The patch I added below silences the disambiguation request when a symbol ends in "-mode". Alternatively, one could also add a "minor mode" and "major mode" to the list of accepted keywords, but I think that would sound to repetitive: ... Foo when minor mode `bar-mode' is active ... Opinions? -- Philip K.