Protesilaos Stavrou writes: > On 2022-03-16, 16:05 +0000, Philip Kaludercic wrote: > >>>> I have no real opinion on this, I just wanted to bring it up in case you >>>> hadn't considered it before (and also because in this case, at least from >>>> what I understand the package does, it should be rather easy). >>> >>> I think a standalone package and a patch for 'master' are not mutually >>> exclusive. As I wrote before, we can deprecate pulsar when Emacs 29 is >>> the new stable and has this functionality built-in. >>> >>> As for whether such a patch would be easy, I admit that I do not know >>> how best to implement it. If you or anyone else can write such a patch, >>> please do it. >> >> I guess it might depend on how many features you want to re-implement in >> the core. Please don't misinterpret this, but I think that the core >> functionality, pulsing a line after certain commands, could be done by >> providing a single user option, with a custom setter. > > As I wrote before, I do not know how best to do this in core. This is > not me faking ignorance to support a different opinion: I genuinely do > not know how to do this with a single option. Please do it if you > can---it will also help me learn something new. This is a quick sketch: