Richard Stallman writes: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > If we are going to redesign Org mode syntax, > can we please add room for extensibility > so that an extension of Org mode syntax > could have all the features of Texinfo? AFAIK, no, Org syntax is not being changed. It seems like Org syntax is already much extensible. > > If the new syntax can express all the distinctions that Texinfo > can already express, that would make it possible to switch to it > for our documentation sources. > > This needs to include conversion into some variant of TeX syntax so > that we can generate high-quality printed manuals through TeX. Converting all Texinfo to Org would require significant effort, which I think should be spend on new packages or existing packages like GCC, Guix, Emacs (and perhaps Hurd to complete the GNU system, LOL). Also switching to Org would probably make vi (no, I'm don't use it) users angry. (No flamewar please.) I think we should better make texinfo-mode better. > > -- > Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org) > Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org) > Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org) > Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org) > > > -- Akib Azmain Turja This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key. It's fingerprint is: 7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6 66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5