* Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2009-01-24; RefTeX documentation needs update
       [not found] <87tz75ky97.fsf@tum.de>
@ 2009-02-08 11:09 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2009-02-08 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uwe.siart; +Cc: bug-auctex, emacs-devel

* Uwe Siart (2009-02-08) writes:

> I just follow the advice from the AUCTeX website to report RefTeX stuff to the
> AUCTeX lists. So I hope this is not OT.
>
> The info node (info "(reftex) Key Bindings") does not reflect that the extra
> binding prefix has been changed to "C-cC-y". Therefore at a first glance one
> might think that reftex-extra-bindings is broken in Emacs 23.

The bindings haven't changed in the standalone version of RefTeX, only
in Emacs.

I will not port this change to the standalone version because it misses
the point of `reftex-extra-bindings' deliberately putting the bindings
into the user's `C-c <letter>' key binding domain.  I'd rather ask the
Emacs maintainers to back out the change in the Emacs repository.

--
Ralf

* Re: 2009-01-24; RefTeX documentation needs update
@ 2009-02-08 11:30   ` Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2009-02-08 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: angeli; +Cc: bug-auctex, emacs-devel

Ralf Angeli <angeli@caeruleus.net> writes:

> The bindings haven't changed in the standalone version of RefTeX, only
> in Emacs.
>
> I will not port this change to the standalone version because it
> misses the point of `reftex-extra-bindings' deliberately putting the
> bindings into the user's `C-c <letter>' key binding domain. I'd rather
> ask the Emacs maintainers to back out the change in the Emacs
> repository.

I want to back this idea because things worked fine for me with the
"C-c" prefix.

--
Uwe

* Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2009-01-24; RefTeX documentation needs update
@ 2009-02-08 16:44   ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2009-02-08 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: bug-auctex

On 2009-02-08 11:09 +0000, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>> I just follow the advice from the AUCTeX website to report RefTeX
>> stuff to the AUCTeX lists. So I hope this is not OT.
>>
>> The info node (info "(reftex) Key Bindings") does not reflect that
>> the extra binding prefix has been changed to "C-cC-y". Therefore at a
>> first glance one might think that reftex-extra-bindings is broken in
>> Emacs 23.
>
> The bindings haven't changed in the standalone version of RefTeX, only
> in Emacs.
>
> I will not port this change to the standalone version because it
> misses the point of `reftex-extra-bindings' deliberately putting the
> bindings into the user's `C-c <letter>' key binding domain.  I'd
> rather ask the Emacs maintainers to back out the change in the Emacs
> repository.

I agree with Ralf.

What's the reason in changing it to ^C^Y?

Best,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.

* Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2009-01-24; RefTeX documentation needs update
@ 2009-02-08 20:12   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2009-02-08 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: uwe.siart; +Cc: bug-auctex, emacs-devel

> I will not port this change to the standalone version because it misses
> the point of `reftex-extra-bindings' deliberately putting the bindings
> into the user's `C-c <letter>' key binding domain.  I'd rather ask the
> Emacs maintainers to back out the change in the Emacs repository.

Indeed, IIRC we had agreed that this is a case of the user deliberately
deciding to let RefTeX use some of his reserved key-sequences.  Maybe we
just forgot to back out the change.  Does anyone remember why the change
hasn't been reverted?

* Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2009-01-24; RefTeX documentation needs update
@ 2009-02-08 22:40     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2009-02-08 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Monnier; +Cc: bug-auctex, uwe siart, emacs-devel

On Sun, Feb 08 2009, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> I will not port this change to the standalone version because it misses
>> the point of `reftex-extra-bindings' deliberately putting the bindings
>> into the user's `C-c <letter>' key binding domain.  I'd rather ask the
>> Emacs maintainers to back out the change in the Emacs repository.
>
> Indeed, IIRC we had agreed that this is a case of the user deliberately
> deciding to let RefTeX use some of his reserved key-sequences.  Maybe we
> just forgot to back out the change.  Does anyone remember why the change
> hasn't been reverted?

No.  Here's the discussion:

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/93839/focus=95802>

Bye, Reiner.