* Development sources and Bazaar
@ 2009-12-29 15:39 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2009-12-29 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

Hi guys,
now that CVS does not seem to work any more, how can one get Emacs head
sources on systems which have a too old version of BZR?

For example, on my GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04, BZR version is 1.3.1 and does
not recognize the Bazaar tree. Instead, on Cygwin and GNU/Linux K. 9.10,
it works, because those systems have a more recent BZR.

Can one try with 'rsync'? How?

Thanks,
Angelo.

* Re: Development sources and Bazaar
@ 2009-12-29 20:14 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2009-12-29 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Emacs

> Hi guys,
> now that CVS does not seem to work any more, how can one get Emacs head
> sources on systems which have a too old version of BZR?
>
> For example, on my GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04, BZR version is 1.3.1 and does
> not recognize the Bazaar tree. Instead, on Cygwin and GNU/Linux K. 9.10,
> it works, because those systems have a more recent BZR.

For Kubuntu 8.04 I suggest to create a new file
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/bzr.list with the following
content and to run `apt-get update':

# FROM http://bazaar-vcs.org/DistroDownloads#Ubuntu
# FROM https://launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=hardy
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/bzr/ppa/ubuntu hardy main
# deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/bzr/ppa/ubuntu hardy main

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/

* Re: Development sources and Bazaar
@ 2009-12-29 20:29   ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2009-12-29 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: Emacs

>> Hi guys,
>> now that CVS does not seem to work any more, how can one get Emacs head
>> sources on systems which have a too old version of BZR?
>>
>> For example, on my GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.04, BZR version is 1.3.1 and does
>> not recognize the Bazaar tree. Instead, on Cygwin and GNU/Linux K. 9.10,
>> it works, because those systems have a more recent BZR.
>
> For Kubuntu 8.04 I suggest to create a new file
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bzr.list with the following
> content and to run `apt-get update':
>
> # FROM http://bazaar-vcs.org/DistroDownloads#Ubuntu
> # FROM https://launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=hardy
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/bzr/ppa/ubuntu hardy main
> # deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/bzr/ppa/ubuntu hardy main

And I forgot to mention that when it will ask you for keys you can add
them with the command:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys KEY

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/