On Mon, Aug 05 2013, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> - connections will eventually time out (the kernel does have a TCP >> timeout), and you will be able to reschedule the operation since you >> used a queue. > > Which reminds me that I regularly have Gnus sessions where I get > neither an answer nor a timeout after (much) more than 10 minutes. Well, the default TCP time-out for Linux is 2 hours. Wait a bit more. :-) -- Julien Danjou ;; Free Software hacker ; freelance consultant ;; http://julien.danjou.info