Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Nicolas Petton >> Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 13:24:55 +0100 >> >> I'm working on another library similar to seq.el but for maps (alists >> and hash-tables for now). >> >> I have an issue with naming regarding mapping over keys/values of a >> map. I thought about calling `map-map' the function that would map over >> the keys and values of map, and `map-map-keys' the function that would >> map over the keys of a map, etc. > > Are there any reasons why we couldn't have map-keys that could accept > any object where such an operation makes sense? That's what I'm doing :) The only issue I have is regarding naming. Stefan proposed to name the library map.el, which I like. The only issue I have is that "map" is used for the noun (a map) and the verb (to map over things). The result is that to map over the keys/values of a map, I have a function named `map-map', and I think that's unclear and ugly. Cheers, Nico -- Nicolas Petton http://nicolas-petton.fr