Omar Polo writes: > Philip Kaludercic writes: > >> Omar Polo writes: >> >>> For some reason I don't know yet, the NickServ still says that I've got >>> 30 seconds to identify myself, but in reality I'm already logged in. I >>> don't know basically anything about how the irc protocol works, so I'm >>> probably missing something incredibly obvious. >> >> Have you experienced any issues since? It might also be that this is a >> server side issue? What do other clients say? >> >>> What do you think? >> >> I think this would be a good addition. One might even want to go >> further and add functions to automate the certfp authentication. But >> that might be a too much for rcirc. >> >> Also, the manual should be updated to explain how this works. > > here's another try. > > The first diff is something I noticed while trying to document the cerfp > option in the rcirc documentation: the sasl section seems to split the > bitlbee paragraph, so I move that. > > The second diff is the certfp implementation revised after your > comments. > > The third diff reworks some function to avoid the manual lookup with > dolist and use assoc instead. > > I'm not sure if/how should I edit the etc/NEWS file and if the commit > messages are fine. Additionally, should the paragraph explaining certfp > in the manual also tell the user how to create a certificate and how to > activate it? > > Thanks, > > Omar Polo I messed up with the third diff, here's another try :)