* Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-02  0:50 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2012-11-02  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I have now pushed the contents of the trunk onto the emacs-24 branch.
Please use this branch now for all your Emacs 24.3 work.  The commit
policy for the emacs-24 branch will be "bug fixes for regressions
against Emacs 23 only", plus regressions against previous Emacs 24
releases and documentation fixes.  If you want an exception to the
commit policy, discuss it on emacs-devel.

The trunk has been bumped to version 24.3.50, and is now open for
non-bugfix changes.  However, kindly hold off on any changes which might
cause difficulty when merging bugfixes from the emacs-24 branch into the
trunk, for the moment.

The previous contents of the emacs-24 branch are tagged as
`emacs-24.3-base', in the unlikely event that we will need it.

* Re: Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-02  2:27 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-11-02  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Chong Yidong wrote:

> I have now pushed the contents of the trunk onto the emacs-24 branch.

Looks like we are now getting the past 6 months of trunk commits
replayed on the emacs-diffs mailing list as apparent commits to the
emacs-24 branch...? Maybe they could be disabled/moderated away till it
stops?

* Re: Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-02  4:03   ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2012-11-02  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: emacs-devel

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> Looks like we are now getting the past 6 months of trunk commits
> replayed on the emacs-diffs mailing list as apparent commits to the
> emacs-24 branch...? Maybe they could be disabled/moderated away till it
> stops?

Blerg.  I don't have the admin password for that list.  Could someone
with the password log in and disable the list temporarily?

* Re: Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-02  7:24     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-11-02  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Chong Yidong <cyd@gnu.org>
> Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 12:03:01 +0800
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Looks like we are now getting the past 6 months of trunk commits
> > replayed on the emacs-diffs mailing list as apparent commits to the
> > emacs-24 branch...? Maybe they could be disabled/moderated away till it
> > stops?
>
> Blerg.  I don't have the admin password for that list.  Could someone
> with the password log in and disable the list temporarily?

That's me, but you need to tell me that when I'm not asleep ;-)

If this is still relevant, I can do that now.

* Re: Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-02  7:35       ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2012-11-02  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Chong Yidong, emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Blerg.  I don't have the admin password for that list.  Could someone
>> with the password log in and disable the list temporarily?
>
> That's me, but you need to tell me that when I'm not asleep ;-)

Where is your emacs-emergency pager!? ;)

> If this is still relevant, I can do that now.

It seems to have stopped at the moment, but it is still several thousand
(?) commits behind. Maybe the Savannah process sending them fell over...

* Re: Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-02  8:10         ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-11-02  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: cyd, emacs-devel

> From: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
> Cc: Chong Yidong <cyd@gnu.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 03:35:09 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> >> Blerg.  I don't have the admin password for that list.  Could someone
> >> with the password log in and disable the list temporarily?
> >
> > That's me, but you need to tell me that when I'm not asleep ;-)
>
> Where is your emacs-emergency pager!? ;)

I turn it off for the night.

> > If this is still relevant, I can do that now.
>
> It seems to have stopped at the moment, but it is still several thousand
> (?) commits behind. Maybe the Savannah process sending them fell over...

OK, I turned on moderation for all list traffic, let's see what winds
up in my bucket.

* Re: Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-02  8:53           ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2012-11-02  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> > That's me, but you need to tell me that when I'm not asleep ;-)
>>
>> Where is your emacs-emergency pager!? ;)
>
> I turn it off for the night.

Thank you.  Murphy's Law never ceases to amaze...

* Re: Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-03  7:42           ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2012-11-03  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rgm, cyd; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:10:39 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Cc: cyd@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > > If this is still relevant, I can do that now.
> >
> > It seems to have stopped at the moment, but it is still several thousand
> > (?) commits behind. Maybe the Savannah process sending them fell over...
>
> OK, I turned on moderation for all list traffic, let's see what winds
> up in my bucket.

I only saw commits after the merge, so I turned off the moderation
flag.

* Re: Emacs 24.3 development moved to emacs-24 branch
@ 2012-11-04  7:42 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-11-04  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Chong Yidong <cyd@gnu.org> writes:

> The trunk has been bumped to version 24.3.50, and is now open for
> non-bugfix changes.  However, kindly hold off on any changes which might
> cause difficulty when merging bugfixes from the emacs-24 branch into the
> trunk, for the moment.

I hope this patch is in someone's queue and is not forgotten.

The changes are in hi-lock.el.

I can provide a NEWS entry once I hear comments and re-shape the patch
to your requirements.