* Chasing down a network problem
@ 2012-12-26 21:01 Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-26 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Sometimes, while talking to imap.gmail.com, the connection hangs
forever.  `C-g'-ing and popping to the buffer reveals that the process
is invariably dead when this happens.

The loop is basically:

	  (while (memq (process-status process) '(open run))
	    (accept-process-output process 1))

The connection is a TLS one.

Is it at all possible that a loop like this won't allow Emacs to update
the status of the connection?  So that `process-status' doesn't get the
right response until we hit the idle loop?

It sounds kinda totally unlikely, but I thought I'd ask.

I've added a lot more debugging code now, but it's very difficult to
reproduce the bug.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen