Hi all, This macro, encountered in most headers, seems to work around some compilers not supporting C99. A quick internet search shows that no other software except Emacs uses this (any more, I assume some did in the past). Is it still useful? If not, it unnecessarily complicates the header structure and should be removed. I attach an example patch for only buffer.h that compiles and works well. Also, what's the stance on C11? I don't know a lot of C outside of what C++ includes, but I'm considering to learn more of it just for Emacs. Is C11 encouraged / allowed / discouraged / disallowed? I assume that C99 is at least allowed since #17487. Is it encouraged? In that case, surely INLINE_HEADER_BEGIN should be removed. Oleh