Hi Philip, Philip Kaludercic writes: > Corwin Brust writes: >> On that note, how about asking in terms of geographical regions? E.g.: >> >> Where do you live? >> - Africa >> - Asia/Pacific (including the Indian Subcontinent) >> - Europe >> - North America >> - South America > > I believe this is better than nationality, though a little more details > wouldn’t be bad. If you group the middle east with New Zealand you > might as well not ask where people live at all. The question seems > interesting to get a rough idea of how popular Emacs is in different > parts of the world, the difference between two neighbouring countries > seems negligible. Nationalities is a bit finer that what I think we want, but similarly I find continents a bit too coarse. > In this context it might also be interesting to ask what kind of > Hardware is being used and how they perceive performance to be like. I > can imagine that more people in the western world will have access to > newer and faster hardware, on which grounds they would argue for this or > that feature to be enabled. The survey could help show if e.g. people > in the global south are bound to older hardware that would suffer from > computationally intensive features. Not a bad idea! How about a question along these lines: ┌──── │ RadioSelect(:emacs_performance, │ "How well does Emacs perform in your experience?", │ ["Very well, it's snappy", "Good but not great", │ "Alright", "Not well", "Poorly, it's slugish"]) └──── As well as say a question on how many years old the hardware is. > Another semi-unrelated question might be to estimate the popularity of > Emacs or other editors amongst other developers they know. I’d expect > less interesting or consistent information to result from this, but it > might also help draw a picture of what options people consider in what > parts of the world. Hmm, perhaps. I’m not sure here. All the best, Timothy