* Bug in Custom apparently due to Custom Themes.
@ 2006-05-13  2:45 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2006-05-13  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Use a .emacs containing only the single line:

(blink-cursor-mode 0)

Do `M-x customize-option desktop-save-mode RET'

Enable the option and save for future sessions.

Exit Emacs, using ~/ as the directory for desktop to save in.
Start Emacs again.

Do `M-x customize-option desktop-save-mode RET'.

Choose "Erase Customization" from the State menu, for instance using
the mouse.  That should reset the State to STANDARD.  Instead we see:

CHANGED outside Customize; operating on it here may be unreliable.

Edebugging custom-variable-state-set suggests that this bug is due to
the fact that the theme-value property of desktop-save-mode at this
stage is ((changed nil)).  I am not using any Custom Themes so I
should not be encountering any code related to Custom Themes.  Since I
know that the way I would fix this bug would be considered
unacceptable, somebody else will have to take a look at it.

Sincerely,

Luc.