"Drew Adams" writes: > Is there any plan to enable users to save text with all of its properties? > > The Emacs manual says that `invisible' and `intangible' are not saved. It > would be useful to be able to save a file and, upon reopening, restore all > of the Emacs text properties, including properties that are not predefined. > > For instance, I have a library that implements conditional text, as in a > desktop publishing system such as Framemaker: easily hide/show arbitrary > sets of faces in regions etc. However, upon saving, all of this info is > lost. This would be something best handled by format.el. At some point I plan to extend format.el (as requested by RMS in October 2006) to handle overlapping text properties, and then switch muse-mode over to it. -- Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 | http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net | /` |\ | | | Sysadmin -- Hobbies: Lisp, GP2X, HCoop | |_] | \| |_| Projects: Emacs, Muse, ERC, EMMS, ErBot, DVC, Planner |