* search w.r.t. intangible/invisible data
@ 2009-05-15  6:25 Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2009-05-15  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Doing a search with isearch for something which is within an
intangible and invisible region doesn't succeed, which is correct.
However, if there is no other match, it doesn't emit a message in that
case which is a bit surprising.  I can imagine that isearch still
returns the

   Failing I-search: ...

message.

    Werner

* Re: search w.r.t. intangible/invisible data
@ 2009-05-16  0:29 ` Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2009-05-16  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Werner LEMBERG; +Cc: emacs-devel

> Doing a search with isearch for something which is within an
> intangible and invisible region doesn't succeed, which is correct.
> However, if there is no other match, it doesn't emit a message in that
> case which is a bit surprising.  I can imagine that isearch still
> returns the
>
>    Failing I-search: ...
>
> message.

Could you please provide a complete step-by-step test case
(preferably with report-emacs-bug if it's a real bug).
I can't reproduce it with all tests I tried.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/

* Re: search w.r.t. intangible/invisible data
@ 2009-05-19  6:01   ` Werner LEMBERG
From: Werner LEMBERG @ 2009-05-19  6:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: juri; +Cc: emacs-devel

[Emacs CVS 2009-05-13]

>> Doing a search with isearch for something which is within an
>> intangible and invisible region doesn't succeed, which is correct.
>> However, if there is no other match, it doesn't emit a message in
>> that case which is a bit surprising.  I can imagine that isearch
>> still returns the
>>
>>    Failing I-search: ...
>>
>> message.
>
> Could you please provide a complete step-by-step test case
> (preferably with report-emacs-bug if it's a real bug).  I can't
> reproduce it with all tests I tried.

My bad.  I haven't waited long enough to get the message.  Sorry for
the noise.

    Werner