On 25 May 2021, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Karl Fogel >> Cc: orontee@gmail.com, drew.adams@oracle.com, larsi@gnus.org, >> monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 00:38:22 -0500 >> >> >> Thoughts? >> > >> >I'll have thoughts when I see the result ;-) >> >> Heh, fair enough. My inquiry was about the general practice of >> having one function's doc string referring out to another >> function's. > >It depends on what you need to say, thus my response above. > >Given what you wrote, and what bookmark-load does with the prefix >argument, I think it is better to say that explicitly in >bookmark-bmenu-load's doc string, since you only need a single >quite >simple sentence to say that, whereas the doc strong of >bookmark-load >is quite long. Well, now that I've done it, I think your way is an improvement -- although it turned out to be slightly more doc change than I expected. Revised patch attached for review. Best regards, -Karl