Eli Zaretskii writes: >> From: Thierry Volpiatto >> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 17:37:13 +0000 >> >> >> -lgccjit -lX11 -lcairo >&5 >> >> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgccjit >> >> collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status >> > >> > So the linker cannot find the libgccjit library. Do you have it, and >> > if so, is it installed in the directory where the linker looks for >> > libraries, for example where you have libpng16, libcairo, and others. >> > >> > IOW, it sounds like your libgccjit installation is incomplete for some >> > reason. >> >> Hmm, after looking at the commands Oscar asked, it seems the GCC version >> is 9.3.0, is it compatible with the libgccjit-10-dev? > > No, you need to either install GCC 10 or libgccjit-9-dev. Ok, installing libgccjit-9-dev like Andreas suggested worked, so IIUC we need a libgccjit version compatible with the gcc installed e.g. libgccjit-10 with gcc-10 right? Don't know why ubuntu install by default libgccgit 10, 8 and 7 but the 9 version which is the one needed with the gcc 9 version which is the one provided. However I didn't find how to upgrade to gcc-10, installing it as suggested by Manuel doesn't suffice apparently, gcc -v still return gcc version 9.3.0. Perhaps update-alternatives? -- Thierry