Hi all, today I've discovered `show-paren-context-when-offscreen' which displays the context around the opening paren in the echo area. That's a very nice feature, however it competes with eldoc, i.e., it'll show the context in the echo area and a fraction of a second later, that's repressed by eldoc's text (or the other way round depending on the delays one uses). Therefore, I've experimented with adding a special `child-frame' value for `show-paren-context-when-offscreen' which displays the context in a child frame. This works pretty well although setting up a child frame with corresponding buffer for a kind of tooltip pane requires quite some gymnastics in frame parameters and buffer-local variables which I've copied from vertico. Comments welcome! Bye, Tassilo