* Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-02-16 13:51 Doug Davis
From: Doug Davis @ 2021-02-16 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Can someone please send me copyright assignment forms?

thanks,
Doug

* Re: Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-02-16 14:00 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2021-02-16 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Davis; +Cc: emacs-devel

Doug Davis <ddavis@ddavis.io> writes:

> Can someone please send me copyright assignment forms?

Here's the form to get started:

Please email the following information to assign@gnu.org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
line of the message.
REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]
Emacs

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your postal address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]

* Re: Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-02-16 18:55 xenodasein--- via Emacs development discussions.
From: xenodasein--- via Emacs development discussions. @ 2021-02-16 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: larsi; +Cc: Emacs Devel

Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:> Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject> line of the message.
Hello Lars,
What is the process for citizens of countries with non-ASCII legal names?

* Re: Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-02-16 18:57 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2021-02-16 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenodasein; +Cc: Emacs Devel

xenodasein@tutanota.de writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
>> Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
>> line of the message.
> Hello Lars,
> What is the process for citizens of countries with non-ASCII legal names?

That's a good question.  Anybody know why it says ASCII?

* Re: Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-02-16 18:59 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-02-16 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenodasein; +Cc: larsi, emacs-devel

> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 19:55:13 +0100 (CET)
> Cc: Emacs Devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> From: xenodasein--- via "Emacs development discussions." <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> > Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject
> > line of the message.
> Hello Lars,
> What is the process for citizens of countries with non-ASCII legal names?

Can you transliterate the name in ASCII characters?
If not, we will need to ask the copyright clerk for instructions in
this case.

Thanks.

* Re: Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-02-16 19:12   ` Ulrich Mueller
From: Ulrich Mueller @ 2021-02-16 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: xenodasein, Emacs Devel

> That's a good question.  Anybody know why it says ASCII?

Because otherwise we couldn't have such funny conversations, like the
following one I had back in 2007. :)

@ 2021-02-16 19:29   ` xenodasein--- via Emacs development discussions.
From: xenodasein--- via Emacs development discussions. @ 2021-02-16 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Larsi, Emacs Devel

I do not have an official transliteration but a better question could be: Is it legally okay to use unaccented letters of Romanized languages like French, double letters like the Nordic "ae"; or is there a different legal condition for each country?
Feb 16, 2021, 21:59 by eliz@gnu.org:

@ 2021-02-16 19:34     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-02-16 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenodasein; +Cc: larsi, emacs-devel

> Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 20:29:46 +0100 (CET)
> From: xenodasein@tutanota.de
> Cc: Larsi <larsi@gnus.org>, Emacs Devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> I do not have an official transliteration but a better question could be: Is it legally okay to use unaccented
> letters of Romanized languages like French, double letters like the Nordic "ae"; or is there a different legal
> condition for each country?

I cannot answer these general questions.  I guess it's up to you.  I
think most people do use ae, oe, ue, etc.

* Re: Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-02-16 19:47 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2021-02-16 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenodasein--- via Emacs development discussions.; +Cc: xenodasein, larsi

>> Please use your full legal name
>> (in ASCII characters) as the subject line of the message.
> Hello Lars,
> What is the process for citizens of countries with non-ASCII legal names?

Please note that this is only for the *subject line of the message*.
It doesn't have any kind of "official" significance, so just use any
approximate transliteration you can think of.

The official info is the one you put *inside* the message.

* Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-12-03 19:22 Tor Kringeland
From: Tor Kringeland @ 2021-12-03 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm interested in contributing some more patches to GNU Emacs.  How do I
go about doing the paperwork for copyright assignment to the FSF?

* Re: Copyright assignment forms
@ 2021-12-03 19:39 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2021-12-03 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tor Kringeland; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Tor Kringeland <tor.a.s.kringeland@ntnu.no>
> Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2021 20:22:13 +0100
>
> I'm interested in contributing some more patches to GNU Emacs.  How do I
> go about doing the paperwork for copyright assignment to the FSF?

Thanks, form sent off-list.

* Copyright assignment forms
@ 2022-06-17 14:53 Andrey Mishchenko
From: Andrey Mishchenko @ 2022-06-17 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

I am interested in contributing to Emacs, and I would like to get the
copyright assignment process started. Could someone please point me in
the right direction, send me the forms, etc.? Sorry to spam the whole
list, but https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html
seems to say that's what I should do.

Andrey Mishchenko

* Re: Copyright assignment forms
@ 2022-06-17 15:38 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2022-06-17 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrey Mishchenko; +Cc: emacs-devel

Andrey Mishchenko <mishchea@gmail.com> writes:

> I am interested in contributing to Emacs, and I would like to get the
> copyright assignment process started. Could someone please point me in
> the right direction, send me the forms, etc.?

Great; here's the form to get started: