From: "Björn Bidar" <bjorn.bidar@thaodan.de>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: acorallo@gnu.org,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Sharing native-lisp system load-path between builds, my own error
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 17:26:29 +0300	[thread overview]

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Björn Bidar <bjorn.bidar@thaodan.de>
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 01:23:00 +0300

>> > Yes
>>
>> What changed that now these primitives change this way or is this simply
>> a side effect of another change?
>
> Nothing fundamental changed recently, this was always the case, since
> Emacs 28 was released.  So if it worked for you until now, it was only
> by sheer luck: somehow the configurations you have been building had
> the same primitives in them, and now they don't.
>
> The assumption that you can share the *.eln files between different
> configurations was never valid.

The error was on my side. I assumed that my package only tracked on set
of eln files since without further thinking it does sound like that
compiled lisp code should be the same between 3 variants of the same
build besides different libraries linked to Emacs.

But the package contained compiled elisp for all three which worked
before commit 0cf6e0998ba. I ran distclean after each build, which
before said commit didn't delete the native-lisp directory but after it
deleted them to keeping only the last build.

After keeping each native-lisp directory again for each variant everything
is fine.