Richard Stallman wrote March 4, 2005: > We can now install them. Could you send me the latest version of your > changes, with change log entries? First of all: pardon me for answering the above e-mail on this list. I have however tried to answer it privately several times since I received it without succes (I used to having problems with gnu.org-mailserver). So now I'm trying to post to list via Gmane instead. The mentioned changes where the coding system recognition for LaTeX files. If it will not be commited to Emacs 22 (which I would understand) I will probably post it to gnu.emacs.sources. This is a ChangeLog entry for the change: 2005-04-26 Arne Jørgensen * international/latexenc.el: New file. Guess correct coding system of LaTeX files. * international/mule-conf.el (file-coding-system-alist): Use it. Kind regards, -- Arne Jørgensen