michael.cadilhac@lrde.org (Michaël Cadilhac) writes: > Stefan Monnier writes: > >>> When I do C-x C-f /a/b/c TAB, no star are added, but an _error_ is >>> triggered instead of a [no match]. >> >> I'm not sure it's bad, actually. > > Well, I think it is. The behavior is not consistent with other > failed completions, and debugger should not be called on it (with > debug-on-error). > > If a message such as this one has to be printed, I think it should > be, IMHO, in bracket after the text entered, like [no match]. But > sticking to short messages should be better, and [no match] is > explicit enough. > > What makes you think an error is not so bad, although no other > completion system triggers one? Anyone finding that an error should not be triggered and can review my patch ? -- | Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac | La culture c'est comme la confiture | | Epita/LRDE Promo 2007 | c'est meilleur avec du pain. | | http://www.lrde.org/~cadilh_m | -- MOI59 | `-- - JID: micha@amessage.be --' - --'