* Strange recenter-top-bottom behaviour in CVS
@ 2008-02-02 14:00 Yoni Rabkin
From: Yoni Rabkin @ 2008-02-02 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

I'm seeing strange recenter-top-bottom (C-l) behaviour in CVS
Emacs. Here is how I can recreate this on my machine.

1. I ran: emacs-23.0.60 -q

   Which is: GNU Emacs 23.0.60.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d
             scroll bars) of 2008-02-02

2. Load the text of GPLv3 in Text mode (for example, but this happens in
   other modes as well).

3. Move point to down to line 40.

4. Enter <C-l>. As a result line 40 goes to the center of the screen
   (%3), and so far so good.

5. Enter <C-l> a second time. As a result line 40 goes to the very top
   of the screen (%6).

6. Enter <C-l> a third time. As a result line 40 goes to the near the
   bottom of the screen (top of the buffer in view).

7. Enter <C-l> a forth time. The results are as if you are back at step
   (4).

An instance of Emacs 22 I have around behaves normally (every subsequent
C-l stays in place, like step (4)).