and that's without-toolkit-scroll-bars. So I was mistaken about this using the Lucid code. Incidentally, the scroll bar width of the minibuffer appears unaffected from my settings, and this might be a bug. My screen might look a bit prettier otherwise. So now I don't think it is an option to compile with GTK+ overall while using Lucid scrollbars. Sorry for the confusion. I'm fine with the resulting ugliness in the Emacs-native scrollbars: using Gtk+ for the rest certainly gives a much nicer appearance overall than using either Athena Widgets or Lucid for everything. -- David Kastrup