merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes: > Michael> I need traces, as usual :-) > > http://www.stonehenge.com/TRAMP-DEBUG-LOG6 Thanks. There was indeed another error, not related to OpenSolaris, but you have trapped it as the first one. Appended is an updated patch, which shall fix your problems. When confirmed by you, I will submit it to the emacs-23 branch. Chong: is this OK? It is not a regression wrt Emacs 23.1. For Emacs 22.3 I don't know; Tramp 2.0 and 2.1 differ too much. Best regards, Michael.