* Xemacs mark-end-of-buffer, (from simple.el)
@ 2014-02-03 12:07 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2014-02-03 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello

There is one function from Xemacs which I have not seen in GNU emacs and
which I miss very much.

(defun mark-end-of-buffer (&optional arg)

Could this function just be used, or its functionality be implemented?

The function is in Xemacs simple.el, the code is now under GPL 3, but I
am not sure about the FSF copyright business and that is why I have to
copied the code in this message.

thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: Xemacs mark-end-of-buffer, (from simple.el)
@ 2014-02-03 13:18 ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2014-02-03 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

* Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> [2014-02-03 13:07]:
> There is one function from Xemacs which I have not seen in GNU emacs and
> which I miss very much.

> (defun mark-end-of-buffer (&optional arg)

It is defined in lisp/misc.el, but not with an optional arg, so it
doesn't have the full features set of the one in XEmacs.

--
Damien Wyart

* Re: Xemacs mark-end-of-buffer, (from simple.el)
@ 2014-02-03 13:36 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2014-02-03 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> There is one function from Xemacs which I have not seen in GNU emacs and
> which I miss very much.
> (defun mark-end-of-buffer (&optional arg)

Try M-x report-emacs-bug requesting its addition, with arguments for
how/when/where/why you use it.

* Re: Xemacs mark-end-of-buffer, (from simple.el)
@ 2014-02-03 22:29   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2014-02-03 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel