In article , Yuri D'Elia writes: > I'm not fully aware of how much otf is supported in emacs, but I found a > good reason to want ligatures in a monospaced font: > http://www.fsd.it/fonts/pragmatapro/PragmataPro_Haskell_liga.png > PragmataPro supports ligatures for a good set of common operators. This > makes it much less troublesome than "prettify-symbols-mode" since > indentation/spacing is not changed. > How would I enable the proper GSUB feature in emacs? Are ligatures > supported at all? Currently, Emacs can not control which OTF features to apply. Emacs leaves it to font drivers on eash platform. I actually tried to give Emacs such facility, and src/font.c contains not-yet-finished code within "#if 0" and "#endif". I want to finish the code, but I'm not sure I can work on it soon. > I can specify otf parameters in `font-spec', but the following: > (set-fontset-font nil 'latin > (font-spec :family "PragmataPro" > :otf '(latn nil (liga)))) > Doesn't really show any ligatures (or any other otf feature). The above just tells Emacs to select such an OTF font that has `liga' GPOS feature for `latn' script. By the way, if you are running Emacs on X with libm17n-flt and libotf libraries, you can override the default behavior of those libraries by putting the attached two files under ~/.m17n.d/. It assumes that the family name of PragmataPro font is "PragmataPro". If that is not the case, please replace "PragmataPro" in generic.fst with a proper family name. --- K. Handa handa@gnu.org