* Preventing accidental prefix match in input-method
@ 2018-11-23 16:40 Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2018-11-23 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: K. Handa

I'd like to setup an input method where I have a mapping

    \b  =>  β

but where I'd like it that when the user enters `\beta`
the result is `\beta` rather than `βeta`.

I know I can do it by adding mappings

    \ba  =>  \ba
    \bb  =>  \bb
    \bc  =>  \bc
    \bd  =>  \bd
    \be  =>  \be

but that would blow up my input method by a factor 50.
Is there a better solution?