* Re: master 61a312ba0c: Update last event time during DND operations
@ 2022-06-17  6:57 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-06-17  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> +DEFUN ("x-display-set-last-user-time", Fx_display_last_user_time,
> +       Sx_display_set_last_user_time, 1, 2, 0,
> +       doc: /* Set the last user time of TERMINAL to TIME-OBJECT.
> +TIME-OBJECT is the X server time, in milliseconds, of the last user
> +interaction.  This is the timestamp that `x-get-selection-internal'
> +will use by default to fetch selection data.
> +TERMINAL is the terminal on which the user interaction occurred.  */)

This doesn't tell the details about what object could TERMINAL be,
like the other callers of check_x_display_info do.  Is this
intentional? doesn't this function support all the possible types of
TERMINAL argument the other callers do?

* Re: master 61a312ba0c: Update last event time during DND operations
@ 2022-06-17  8:39 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-06-17  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> This doesn't tell the details about what object could TERMINAL be,
> like the other callers of check_x_display_info do.  Is this
> intentional? doesn't this function support all the possible types of
> TERMINAL argument the other callers do?

It should, but I think it is obvious that it accepts the same terminal
objects as the other functions.

* Re: master 61a312ba0c: Update last event time during DND operations
@ 2022-06-17 10:44   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-06-17 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 16:39:28 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > This doesn't tell the details about what object could TERMINAL be,
> > like the other callers of check_x_display_info do.  Is this
> > intentional? doesn't this function support all the possible types of
> > TERMINAL argument the other callers do?
>
> It should, but I think it is obvious that it accepts the same terminal
> objects as the other functions.

Obvious to you and me, perhaps, but not for Lisp programmers that
don't read the C sources.  So I think this doc string should say what
other doc strings of functions that accept a TERMINAL argument say.

* Re: master 61a312ba0c: Update last event time during DND operations
@ 2022-06-17 11:02     ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-06-17 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Obvious to you and me, perhaps, but not for Lisp programmers that
> don't read the C sources.  So I think this doc string should say what
> other doc strings of functions that accept a TERMINAL argument say.

Sure, consider it done.