Hello, On Tue 03 Jan 2023 at 05:41AM GMT, Sean Whitton wrote: > I think that it would be useful to have this: > > (defun eval-command-interactive-spec (command) > (advice-eval-interactive-spec > (cadr (or (and (symbolp command) (get command 'interactive-form)) > (interactive-form command))))) > > but I'm not sure where it should go -- nadvice.el? subr.el? subr-x.el? I realised after reading the commentary in subr-x that that's exactly where it should go -- it is a complement to the C API for interactive calls. So, here's my patch to add eval-command-interactive-spec. Seperately, how about renaming advice-eval-interactive-spec to eval-interactive-spec, and obsoleting, but not removing, the old name? I guess that we'd also want to move it to subr.el; this is no promotion, so far as I can tell, because nadvice.el is preloaded. -- Sean Whitton