* doc-view and auto-compression-mode
@ 2007-10-31 21:21 Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-10-31 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

$ echo foo | a2ps | gzip > /tmp/foo.ps.gz
[stdin (plain): 1 page on 1 sheet]
[Total: 1 page on 1 sheet] sent to the standard output
$ emacs -Q /tmp/foo.ps.gz

In Emacs do `C-c C-c' to view the PS file as image.  I get the
following error:

,----
| For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
| uncompressing foo.ps.gz...done
| Type C-c C-c to toggle between editing or viewing the document. [2 times]
| DocView: converter process changed status to exited abnormally with code 1
| .
`----

With an uncompressed file (echo foo | a2ps > /tmp/bar.ps) it works as
expected.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,